The fullerene is considered as an allotrope of carbon. It consists of the carbon atom that has been connected up with the single as well as the double bonds for forming up the closed or the partially closed mesh. That too with nearly five to seven atoms and the molecules might be a hollow sphere, ellipsoid or tube shaped that is available with the different shapes.
The fullerene would have the sp2 are the sp3 hybrid carbon atoms and it would have a highly affinity for the electrons that can be reversibly reduce the take up of the 6 electrons. In this process the molecules would have the high tensile strength and bounces back to their original shapes that has been subjected. The fullerenes have been used in the development, cosmetology, composite and the polymeric materials, lubricants and in other applications.
Normally the fullerene production would comprise the following different stages.
- The synthesis of the fullerene or the fullerene containing the soot of the arc methods.
- It contains the extractions and the separation for each fullerene molecules that yields the pure fullerenes as like the fullerene extract C60.
- It makes uses of the organic synthesis of the derivatives process.
- The other posts processing as like the dispersion into the different matrix.
What are the uses of Fullerenes?
- It contains an excellent antioxidants and this property could be attributed for the large number of the conjugated double bonding process. It can react up with the large number of the radicals before it is being consumed.
- The fullerenes had grabbed up quite a bit of the attention that to due to their potential antiviral agents. Perhaps it is considered as the most exciting aspects which would have the ability for suppress the replications of HIV that would delay up the onset of the acquired AIDS.
- The drug delivery would acts as a proper transportation that consists of a pharmaceutical compound that performs its site of action. The Fullerene acts as a class of the inorganic carriers and these molecules are preferred as they would show the good biocompatibility that retains the biological activities.
- The fullerenes are usually used for the following component. The photodynamic therapy acts as a form of the therapy that makes use of the non-toxic light sensitive compounds when it have exposed to sunlight.
- It has the optical limiting properties which refers to the ability of decreasing the transmittance of the light which incident to it.