The Mansion Inn is a beautiful 1865 manor home and a magnificent example of Baroque Victorian Architecture of the Second French Empire, displaying the original architectural elements of the 1800’s. The property stands behind a unique wrought iron grape cluster fence forged in 1867 in Philadelphia.

Charles Crook, a prosperous local businessman, had the house designed and built for his wife. She was an ardent admirer of the scroll work that lends to the magical stage-like facade.

The house boasted the first running water in Bucks County. Pumped by a windmill on the back of the property from the river to a wooden vat on the upper floor, gravity fed it to the sinks and toilets.

Dr.Kenneth Leiby bought the mansion in the mid 1930’s. The town’s beloved physician, he practiced medicine and raised his family here. When he retired and moved from the house, it fell to disrepair and was eventually earmarked by investors for gutting and a shopping mall.

In 1995, the house was saved and restored by new owners. Although they were not the highest bidders on the property, Dr. Leiby believed they would meet his other terms – “To preserve the integrity of the house and my favorite tree.” After four months of intense construction, the house opened as a luxury bed and breakfast. Light on the first floor sparkles throughout, the original etched glass doors and ceiling to floor windows Original wood moldings and huge arched doorways with split brass door hinges and hardware grace the center entry hall where the magnificent spiral staircase winds its way upward. The original door and window screens were found and restored. The floors are a virgin Washington red pine and have been sanded and brought back to life.

Several famous American artists have depicted the house in many painting, including Schnell’s “The Barber Shop,” which hangs in the James Michener Art Museum. What’s more, McCalls magazine featured the house as the “Holiday House” in 1963. In 1996 the Inn was featured on the “Great Country Inns” series on The Learning Channel, nationally televised. People now visit from all over the country and abroad.

The Inn was sold in 2002 and in the same year a restaurant was added. In November of 2010 there was a kitchen fire which destroyed the kitchen and the house had smoke damage throughout. The Mansion Inn was renovated and reopened in December of 2012.